Sunday, August 22, 2010

chinese noodles

I got a recipe of chinese noodles from a indo-chinese website.

I wondered how it would taste. Got to try and make this.

I went to the grocery and as usual buying for a single percon recipe is a challenge. Maybe I'll just buy baby corn, snowpeas and vinegar and thats it. Or so I thought as hoisin sauce I may not use again.

Hmm...

In the grocery i saw a pack of baby corn with probably as much as 20 pieces of it. Oops! I can't buy that, so i went to this vegetable combination pack counter and saw one for chop suey. But the cabbage was a lot!

Then saw that I can buy fewer cabbage so i bought that and went back to settle with only bell pepper and maybe snowpeas. Whoah! The snowpeas where also too much and the bell pepper pack always contained 4 pieces and cost near as much as the chop suey pack. So, I was back to the chop suey pack.

I guess i was not born a chef...
I was wondering towards the end of the cooking why there is no salt. Haha!

I should have known better and googled hoisin sauce first. Anyway good thing this fine Iodized salt has been invented, (I grew up on rock salt my childhhod days) so with this I could easily sprinkle while eating.

So here it is... though id probably study pancit canton filipino style to check the difference (^_^)

...........................


No comments:

Post a Comment