Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kerala Chicken Curry


Last night, I thought up of cooking egg bhurji for today's lunch.
Ooops! I found out I didnt have tomatoes. Since, I woke up late and lazy, I ended up showering by 1pm. I had to do grocery anyway, so I bought the ingredients for the curry alongside.

Hmm... coming home, I preferred to cook the curry instead. So I bustled from the laptop to the kitchen to check back and forth on the recipe while cooking. Its just a few steps away (-_^).

Indian cooking is more complicated with pans than Filipino cooking. Anyhow I managed to finish. Turned the left over yoghurt into mango lassi...
And VOILA!
You are looking at my lunch.
Kerala chicken curry with brown rice and mango lassi to end up the meal with sweetness.
I Loved the way the sweetness of the apple contrasted the sour curry sauce and wondered if buying the sweetened yoghurt was better. Anyway, the perfectionist in me wondered how the authentic dish could have tasted. Noone here to criticize either. Haha!
Til the next dish...


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Yummmmm! How I wish I can taste that!
    You are either too daring or passionate to try the Indian cooking. Its just so many procedures, consumes a lot of vessels and makes the whole kitchen messy post-cooking.

    I am really happy to see you back with flying colors. And I have to tell you this blog is so much better than the previous one.

    Keep up the cheerfulness!

    ReplyDelete